Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Admin and documentation, why must I CYA

When do you feel the need to constantly document something and then approach administration about a problem?

As a new teacher I do feel that I can handle any situation and I can conquer all that is given to me. When this is very much not the case. When talking with others in my building I hear, "document it." what does this really mean? Why must I constantly write the negative things those around me do? Is this to keep competition strong. My teaching style is loud to which many have reported me on, my work seems unproductive and the kids are loud.

I feel like I am more watched by big brother and other teachers than by administration. A principal has pal in it to be your pal. Do I attack on others as they have on me, or do I let Karma run it's course? There are many of us that get attacked at school for being first year teachers, I think more should reach other observe and help us do better work. I can mathematics loops around any student but I have trouble containing them. This brings other teachers to quickly judge me and "document" the times I suck. Maybe instead of waiting for others to fail we jump in and demonstrate. I feel as though I should "document" more and "cya" better, however I do the right thing and I that should be best.
So, when do you "document" and is it best to constantly get admin involved, I know they are here to back me and support me when needed but are they here to be a crutch and a pin bag for me to use on attacking other teachers? The kids want to learn and I can not teach if I am constantly on the chopping block from other teachers.

Tangent:
I have a coworker that is different. He is very kind and hard worker but has a lack for social skills. I am trying my best to help, without being disrespectful. He complains a bunch but definitely means well. I feel like we are getting to be pretty close friends even if we do not see eye to eye all the time. He has done a few weird tricks like take a class of mine here and there, but he wants whats best. He lacks life skills and some simple understandings. I know he is a great teacher but I wish he could be a great person too.

Life Update:
I am having a different time living on campus, days tend to be wicked long and tiring and I feel very thinly stretched. I do feel awkward that I am 26 and I can not have visitors in my own place. that I now acquire being the parent to 12 HS boys from another country and that my life as a WA employe is 24/7. Cheerleading has many layers of drama as you would expect to since I coach 15 HS girls, the moms are a handful as well. I love the team and all that it offeres next year will be better and less dramatic, I hope.


Family:
To remind you all that i am human, I am starting to be closer with my father. Him and I stopped talking for some time right after high school. I came out when I was a senior in high school and it took a few years for us to talk again, I blame us both. however, most importantly we are close again like the past. I feel as if my mom might be getting jealous she does love to see my dad and I so close. I have three little girls in my life, my brother owns two and my sister owns another. All three a beautiful and I am putty in their hands. My brother and sister are not included in that mix of three.

1 comment:

  1. hmmm, we can talk later about my thoughts on your first insights about cya and first year teachers. I want to point out your use of the word "own" I'm dying laughing, I LOVE it!! I don't own any kids yet but best believe when I have them I will most certainly say that I own them!

    xoxo

    Logan

    ReplyDelete