Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Weekly Skills- Management

Weekly Skills 1

I have decided that I am going to start weekly to focus more on how I can tackle to enrich my classroom. I hope that slowly I can continue to create a better learning environment. I think that my first assignment will be a running one as many have told me via coworkers and literature that it will take years to find my flow and my style that is best of me to produce my best teaching works. I think that this task will start to produce a better demeanor for myself which will in turn, help to foster better learning in my classroom. 

I have started with a box from cell. This is a nice cardboard box with a visual linning and bubble wrap. This creates a beautiful nesting ground for cell phones that will provide me that ability to not "take" a phone but instead move it's location. The physique here is less confrontational with students. 

I have started to retain focus when conducting lecture within the class. I have an innate ability to digress from topic frequently and I reflection shows that this needs to be corrected if I am going to ask the same to be done of my students. I have seen success in the box from cell. I am going to focus in the later part of the week on keeping tasks with my students. Off-color comments that change the dynamic structure and flow of the course are making the other students both annoyed and off task as well. This is lessening my strength as the leader and overtone of the course. 

Next week we are working on questioning, and classroom banter. How I can transition questions back within the classroom exchange and encourage students to answer verbally in front of their peers. 

Personal Bit:
Recently I have applied for a couple of jobs out of the state back to where I graduated college. Here I am loving the beautiful life, family, school, friends, and of course school. However, I am missing a large part which is my best friend and a partner. I am missing cheerleading that is placed as a priority. My niece have all had birthdays and their a bit older which means days of lap sitting and bath time are ending. I love the time I have with them, I wish for more and this move would do the opposite. School has been going and I have taken upon myself to become a better teacher by observation and reflection. I do not want to settle for being a good teacher but a great teacher. 


2 comments:

  1. I used to digress frequently too... I think it's on our nature. When you start your questioning week try a method called ask, pause, call. This is where you ask the question, let it marinade for a moot and the call on a student. It's less evasive and doesn't put someone on the spot

    ReplyDelete