Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Oh the difference getting a hand written letter from the world's best friend can make.

I think this is an all ove the place post again... Be Ready.

Today we finally had a good touch of success with my boys! I made them work in paris while I rotated the lesson from group to group in six minute sections. This took a long time in class but the constant movement was great for their attention spans. I think that the guys really liked it, least I hope so. I was able to keep their attention for longer which was nice. I have been having such a great time with my FST(seniors) that I can not place that all in one small box. I love that class. I am still on my toes as most of them should be in AP calc and they ask some big questions, but typically I'm ready and no sweating is needed. I'm startin to become really close friends with my coworker and that is making things go nicer here at school. It is really great to have a few friends. The teacher across the hall is GREAT and we are like two best friends with what we share and how chatty we are sharing so many students. I love that I feel welcome in our segmented building on the other side of campus.
For foundations I finally got the computers and as much to my surprise the kids HATE them. Most think the work is boring and annoying and they are above, however they're not. they keep thinking that it is easy and stupid and I am very upset with how they are acting. Mostly the oler ones retaking the course. The students that are doing the work are seeing success, which is what I love to see. Iim going to probe more about they hate about ALEKS.


My professional goals are to work on TOTD's for timing concerns. I have been working on them and things are improving from them. I am noticing where students are dropping and misconnections. I feel like the chapters that I am teaching are taking forever to get through and I need to pace better next chapter for a better more rich learning of the material. I think the professional I am making better choices inside and outside of the classroom. Who I speak with and who I am distant from has been a big agenda of mine recently as I have found, education can be a touch sticky.

I have taken a seat back from cheerleading so that I can focus a little more on the res-life students and their needs here at WA. I feel that the res-life students get no time with me and I will be able to get to bed earlier at night since I will be helping them sooner being in the dorm more. I love how much the kids think that I am a person to listen to and lead. I noticed that the kids at the dorm respect me and like me very much. We have each others backs.
I am going to miss not being at cheerleading and I'm going to bug out with how I do not know what is going on. I hate that part and it is going to kill me, but it will be better for me to be free now so that when I help in the winter I can be all hands in. I am really hoping to get some great girls on the team, we have so many already I could only imagine. I love helping this team I have some big goals for us and I think we can tackel and whole bunch right off the gate. This team wants to be great, and I'm just the guy to help lead them that way. I have been more dilate about being a leader and teacher in the classroom to foster better learning. I have a couple kids that are adjusting and might need a touch more adjustments but overall we are settling nicely.

I was told again but another teacher, "You're always making things seem way better than they are, I admire your optimism." I feel that I have heard that a lot recently, it really struck me when my best friend wrote it in a letter to me.  Am I really that positive all the time to make people notice it? I think this optimism should be a trending topic. The kids are talking abut how I am fun and a great teacher, I think that means things are going wicked good this week. I keep getting compliments and kids keep popping up in my room just to say hi from time to time. I am pretty pumped about all the kids wanting to be in my room. Maybe I'm way cooler than I think....NOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment