Wednesday, September 4, 2013

On my Second day of teaching...

Here we go with day number two....

This day I felt so much better and far more prepared. I feel that I had a far better understanding of my day and the tasks needed to complete assignments. I am still working on making my classroom look decent as I have been all over the place. I think my students are very understanding of me since I am a first year teacher.
I finally got to meet my senior class students and I have to say they are high on my favorite list. They are hard working and very self motivated. It is a joy to see kids that are respectful, honest and hard working. This FST class has been moving with smoke from out feet and I think some of the students are not ready for such a light speed review, but they will get on board fast and be ready, I am sure of that. My algebra class I was a touch slow in and I think I need to pick up the pace in there with the 15 boys and boys only. Makes asking engaging questions easy when they all hunt. I have my foundations course that moved super slow today, and I was unaware of how much of the material they already knew, nice rookie mistake. I feel that they are hardworking but I know there are two that need to be separated for sure!

I have been planning and planning and planning, ti never seems to get any easier, as it is 12 and i just finished tomorrows lessons. I think I need to be more willing to borrow and steal lessons instead of constantly making my own, I'm sure this will come with time. I have enjoyed my first couple of days with the students, most here are very hard working and even more respectful. I think they understand my authority in the class and how I feel about the classroom dynamic.

Tonight was duty night and for some reason the boys can't get it together that you need to go to bed, I care that you're up but I feel that they are well aware they are breaking the rules. I will need to start putting my foot down harder next time I am here and they are up way past curfew. This job has had a great start and proving to be quite rewarding, i know this year is going to be long but I think I'm ready for the challenge and it will make me and even more caring, understanding, and above all better teacher and person. I continue to learn from these young adults both local and international.

It's a great day to be a Raider, and I know tomorrow will be just as good.
Cheers to making it two days, now tomorrow is our first official full day. Jesus take the wheel!

No comments:

Post a Comment