Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Tuesday, the new Monday

Today was a long but I feel all together a great day. For me Tuesday seem to be worse than Monday. I think that it finally sinks in that you are no longer on the weekend on Tuesday. Anyway I need to start excepting the fact that the Tuesday is a rough day.

I think that as the days are going by I am getting better at planning my time in class. I have been doing a great job with FST and we ave a schedule that seems to be working for us pretty good now. Algebra seems to still want to fight with me about everything that includes work. I have a boy that will not do any work but will love to distract those around him constantly. Well that's typically all the boys in my classes some are just worse than others. Foundations is proving to be the most rewarding class for me, but FST is my favorite. I have a nack for talking to seniors, I feel like I treat them the way they wanted to be treated and I talk their lingo.

These last few days I have been learning more about the staff and picking the side of the chain I would like to be on. I have found those who I feel best telling stories and confined in. I think that I have to be careful well use EXTREME caution when trusting collages since you never really know who is who and just how small your school is. I feel that I have found some great people to shoot the breeze with during breaks and that I know who to keep at a distance. I called the wrong teacher today and totally made an as of myself. that was awesome and a great laugh.

I have been asking to inquire about the AP stats program and getting one started. I have never really seen myself as a STATs teacher but let us be honest, stats sucks, I do not and I think I can make it a real exciting and fun class. The root to all learning is having fun. Who knows, maybe I am not as cool as I think I am. I am in the end a math teacher. I feel that I am connecting better with the students I am feeling way more at home and I think I'm being successful as well. There are great things going on, even if I am on 24/7 living on campus with kids.

My personal goal for this year is to do more TOTD and learn how to better place my classes. I think that I move pretty fast and he students need more examples in their notes of what I expect and how I work out math. I need to be more rigid on myself how I write on the board and finish problems. I think that I am not aggressive enough about how I answer my problems and it is turing to laziness on me which is ten fold on my students. I have been asking for me work and been better about grading and placing it in the grade book, My papers are still everywhere and I love to have my back pack, however the kids are learning and having fun, the rest is just politics. I am getting better and better and continuing to learn, today was a success. Sometimes I will not feel so hot.

"You win some, you lose some. I just hope I win more than I lose."

No comments:

Post a Comment